Georgia was great. I hung out with some fabulous people, developed my skills in design and PR, took part in an organization that changes lives and was molded by God in unexpected ways. I truly believe in God's perfect timing and this trip couldn't be a better reminder of that in my life. I got three months displaced from what I knew to change from a college student to an adult. Am I a Steel Magnolia, yet? Eh, still working on it. But I don't need to be in The South to be a Steel Magnolia, I have The South within me, even in California. Not only was my trip to Georgia perfect timing, my return home was also perfect. I landed just in time for my family's Thanksgiving celebration (welcomed at the airport by 8 of my absolute favorite people), went with my fam to our other home, Disneyland, turned 22 and started a new job- all in just over one week. I was welcomed with open arms (full of technology questions) and settled in at my new desk at Grace Church SLO. An easy transition, as I've called Grace my home for 22 years, but in 3 weeks I'll be helping a new staff member transition onto the team- our brand new Student Ministries Pastor, Brandon Hall. You can read about him here. I think he will be the perfect fit for our group and I'm excited to be here to introduce him to Grace Student Ministries.
1 comment:
Oh, how jealous I am right now, Julianna!!! I miss my desk at the church and working with the staff. After 13 years, I had to give it all up to move to LA. And the job I have now is fine, but it's not very social, I'm in a cubicle, and there's language (if you know what I mean). Such a difference, but it's a good job and I only work M-F, 8-noon, which is what I've wanted to do for so long.
Anyway, congratulations and have fun helping the new intern. There's another thing I miss...youth group or student ministries. Brandon sounds great. Hope all works out well. See you when we visit, I hope. hugs
Post a Comment