Classes started at Biola today. It's very bitter sweet. I actually loved college. I loved the people and I loved the classes and I loved my job. Why did I graduate again?
But at the same time, it feels great to be a "grown-up." On Friday, I take off for a completely new adventure. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity: leaving behind all I know and love to be used by God in a new culture. When I think about it, this trip is actually a Missions trip. But rather than going to a foreign country to help out with an orphanage, I'm going to another state to help out a non-profit. All the same, I'm taking a cross-cultural trip to help people. I truly feel that God has called me to this place, and I'm excited to see how he'll change me. I know it takes radical brokenness to create radical change, so I'm trying to be prepared for that. I always felt like I was a little left out that I never felt very pulled towards international missions while at Biola. Almost all of my friends went on at least one trip. Now I can see God's timing and how he put me in this position without the title "mission trip" to get me to go, only later to see the commonalities.
So now I could really use some prayer. As most missionaries go into their positions with support letters, here's mine:
Prayer Requests
That I will get connected with good Christian friends. If there is one thing I know God has blessed me with these last 4 years, it's amazing sisters and brothers in Christ to share my time with. I just pray I can create friendships in Georgia with people who will build me up and not tear me down.
That I will be able to bless the Interfaith Hospitality Network in their most needed places. I know IHN has needs, but I want to be put in situations where my gifts can be used to their greatest abilities and that God will be shown through me.
That I will be a light. I know the people I will be in contact with will have differing faiths and even many different Christian denominations, but I want to shine the light of the true and living God.
That I will be open and willing to be used by God in new ways. I don't know what God has in store for me, but I know His will is perfect. I may need to be reminded of that.
I know that prayer is powerful; not because we who pray have power, but the God we pray to is Lord of all. So I covet your prayers, as I know they can move mountains.
1 comment:
Julianna,
I will be privileged to be praying with you and for you; asking God to make His way for you to follow and see in the days ahead. It will be an adventure for sure and one you will not likely forget!
Looking forward to Skype NTBS!
Post a Comment