The day I left, Rachel told me to eat 27 peaches for her. A fun joke, but I’m taking it to heart and starting a peach count. I’ll be keeping it up on Twitter, so if you follow me, that’s why I’m counting peaches! Julie and I went to a peach stand yesterday and purchased a basket to start off my count strong. We also had peach ice cream and peach salsa which were amazing, but don’t get to be counted.
When Julie told the man selling the peaches I was from California, he responded with “peaches in California are pretty, but they don’t have the same depth of flavor as Georgia peaches.” That's probably true.
2 comments:
Yummy photo! I am glad it's not unbearably humid and hot right now. Perhaps your time there will be that way all along!
Georgia peaches are much better because they get deeply watered. Most of the growing areas of California are really irrigated desert so the trees that need more water don't get as much as they should and it comes out in the flavor of the fruit. Not to mention so much gets picked early and loses the sugars that come by fully ripening on the tree...
Gardening passion...
Hey there Julianna! A peach count is awesome :) Don't be surprised when you surpass 27...! Georgia peaches are amazing. I don't know the science like Lisa does, I only know the taste and GA > CA any day in regards to peaches :) Tell your Aunt Julie all your CA peeps say 'hi' :) Blessings to you sister. We are praying for you and looking forward to what God's got cooking for you in the beautiful southeast :)
Post a Comment