I love holidays because I am reminded how very lucky I am to have such a wonderful family. Jacob and Jenette were home for over a week, and all of my dad's side of the family were around for Christmas celebrations. My cousins from Chico are two of my favorite people in the world and I only get to see them 2 or 3 times a year, so Christmas is always a good time with them. I also got to see my cousin Hillary for the first time in about 2 years since she lives in Scotland. She also brought her boyfriend to California for the holidays. Two Christmas presents got lots of use: my new DSLR camera, and the family Wii with Guitar Hero World Tour. The day after our family Christmas at the grandparents' the extended family came over to our house for a night of Guitar Hero. It was a lot of fun to relax and have fun with the family. Even though most of us live in SLO, we don't get together very often, and when we do, we are normally talking and sitting around a table. This provided a really fun time to hang and remind us why Jill is known as the "Crazy Aunt."
We also had a lot of fun with a snow machine.
For New Years Eve, Jacob's band "The Johnny Starlings" played at Windows on the Water in Morro Bay. We had intense 4 course meals that were amazing. I had ostrich! It was pretty good, but I really enjoyed the ahi cocktail with avocado and the lobster bisque. Mmmm.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, Julianna! Sounds like such fun. We had the most quiet Christmas ever since Dan couldn't come here because he had to work. I went to LA and we saw each other for a couple of hours a day. Just too weird. But I can't believe you ate ostrich...and, yum, lobster bisque. Glad you had a fun time. Say hi to the fam next time you see them.
Post a Comment