Monday, September 6, 2010

Cooking like Remy

Ratatouille is one of my all-time favorite movies. Absolutely my favorite Pixar. And every time I watch it, I want to cook the foods he does in Gusteau's kitchen. I finally did it! I spent my labor day in the kitchen preparing potato leek soup, ratatouille and garlic-parsley chicken (my addition to the movie recipes). A perfect use of my extra weekend day. And it went well with some Edna Valley Chardonnay (a touch of home).



A tangent:
I've always thought it was interesting that my siblings and I have very different favorite Pixar films. As much as we are alike, and all love Pixar, we each have one that is our very favorite. I think each movie has a lot to say about our personalities, but I'll just mention what each of them are here rather than going into the details.

Jacob- The Incredibles
Jenette- Monster's Inc
Rachel- Cars
Julianna- Ratatouille

What's your favorite Pixar?

3 comments:

Kay Cementina said...

I think my favorite Pixar film is probably Up or maybe Finding Nemo. Of course, that's until they hire Jacob and then the film he works on will become my favorite!

Lisa Lewis said...

My favorite so far (leaving room for Jacob's future contributions ;-) of course!) is the same as Rachel's--Cars.

In large part because I have actually traveled on parts of Route 66 and know first hand of the changed towns; in part because of Paul Newman and the nod to Steve McQueen (Lightning-McQueen); and mostly because we took my dad to the drive-in to see it. He was such a "car guy" that it was an automatic favorite for him. It gave him great happiness at a time when there wasn't much...so Cars is my favorite for so many reasons!

Your food looks exquisite Julianna! I am not sure though if I could pull all that off; disproving Gusteau's claim that "anyone can cook!"

Enjoy!

Larissa said...

I do love Cars, but I think I might like Nemo even more. I have yet to see Up. Your cooking looks AMAZING!