Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dawgs

In Georgia, everything is about the Bulldawgs. Before today's home game, I went with two of our IHN guests to the Dawg Walk, a pre-game pep rally as the football team arrives at the stadium. It was so much fun to be in a sea of red and black, everyone excited for the game. Maybe one of these days I'll actually go see them play, but it was just as fun to be amongst the craziness beforehand and not have to sit in the sun for 3 hours.



I even got to see Uga!


One of our guests taught me how to throw a football before we left. This came quite in handy because I won a Georgia t-shirt at a football toss game! I was so excited because a Georgia t-shirt was just what I wanted and I didn't have to pay a cent.



As I was in the football mood, I thought a tailgate worthy meal for dinner would be perfect. Sadly, the dawgs lost today, but dinner was a winner! Balsamic Soy-Glazed Chicken Wings, Coleslaw and purple spaghetti beans with sweet tea in a Georgia cup.

On another note, I went to a really fun outdoor concert last night and saw Blessid Union of Souls and Sister Hazel. I didn't remember what either of them sang before they went on, just that they were bands from the late 90s, but I thoroughly enjoyed both bands, and was brought back to the days of Dawson's Creek.

"Hey, isn't this the song where he talks about hanging out with Leonardo Di Caprio?" Why yes, yes it was.

4 comments:

Lisa Lewis said...

Okay. First off, love you Julianna. Second, congrats on the football toss. But Bulldogs lost to the Razorbacks and the Gators beat the Vols.

Now here is a riddle: do you know why the St. John River flows north?

Answer: Cuz Georgia Sucks! (remember I am married to a Gator! and a Gator Drumline member in fact!)

Food looks good by the way!

Anonymous said...

And by the way ... Julianna's picture is on the front page of the Athens newspaper at the concert. At least I think it is Julianna.

Plus, I ran into J at the Kroger yesterday.

Welcome to small town, USA!!!!
(Aunt) Doris

Julianna said...

Well, I was there for the picture of the crowd from when I was there, but I can't even tell where I should be in that picture.

And Lisa, the Dawgs are awesome. They are just in a transition year...

Megan Boragine said...

Julianna! Hey chica :)

Those tailgate parties are SO intense...! The south takes them seriously serious!

I come from a long line of Tigers... Go Clemson! You should check out the Clemson stadium aka Death Valley if you ever the get the chance. CRAZY!

It sounds like you are taking it all in - I'm really happy for you.