Saturday, September 11, 2010

Okra

So, my blog has kind of become "what did I cook tonight?" log, but I kinda like that. I love cooking, I love photography, and I love being able to share these things with people I love. Tonight I grilled steak with leeks and okra and they all turned out fantastic! Normally, leeks and okra are not on my list of favorite vegetables, but my opinions of them have changed! Putting fresh veggies on the grill with just a little bit of oil and kosher salt is just about the greatest thing in the world. For those of you who think you don't like okra- try grilling them. They loose their sliminess and turn into a great treat. I don't know how to describe them except for- yum. I will definitely be cooking these again. And the leeks are great to grill and then top balsamic vinegar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! Wish I could have some right now!

Julianna said...

Anonymous?

Megan Boragine said...

okay... so i may just fly out to GA so we can enjoy dinner together! you cook and i'll wash...! i absolutely love leeks, cooked in all ways, and okra is divine! i've only had it battered and deep fried but I can only imagine that with a touch of olive oil and kosher salt on the grill it is quite tasty. what a blessing you are to your aunt julie with all your awesome cooking and fantastic company. praying for you friend :) love you and enjoying getting to know you better :) blessings to you :)