Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Have a Coke and a Smile

I have always loved Coke. As a kid, it was my favorite after-school treat. I was pretty addicted to my daily Coca~Cola. Pretty healty, huh? No matter, I have always also been intrigued by The Coca~Cola Company. They understand branding better than most companies around. As they should, being around since 1886. Not that they haven't had their faults (New Coke, anyone?), but they have built a fantastic company focusing on simplicity and concistancy in their message. They have kept themselves immersed in history and continue to sell products with their timeless ads from decades gone by (I have 3 40's era Coke ads up in my room at home), and keep moving forward by partnering with world events such as The Olympics.

Their brand is so awesome, I, along with my aunts Mardee and Julie G, paid to spend the day immersed in Coke advertisments at The World of Coke in Atlanta, and thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. We learned history of the company, watched past television commercials from around the world, and walked through a mini-bottling plant. Our delicious reward? A soda tasting room with over 60 different drinks from around the world, with a special section just for multiple flavors of Coca~Cola. You know what's really good? Raspberry Coke. Seriously. Although my favorite flavor (excluding Classic) has always been Vanilla Coke. If I ever find myself living in Georgia again, I hope it's because I'm working for this company.


Me and the creator of Coke, Doc Pemberton. You can follow @DocPemberton on Twitter!


Julie G, Mardee and Me with Coke bottles designed from around the world for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.


A fun bottle designed for 2008 NY Fashion Week.


Always Coca~Cola.

No comments: