You know what's really cool? Julie had never before eaten a calzone, because she'd already known about her gluten intolerance before she had even heard of calzones. I prepared her first ever calzone.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Gluten Free?
I LOVE bread. It's my favorite food group. Rolls, pasta, pizza, sandwiches? All my favs. So knowing my family has a history of Celiac Disease is kinda scary. But not to fear! There is a vastly growing market of gluten free products out there that are very helpful for those with gluten intolerance. As I am cooking for my aunt, who has celiac, I have been pretty much avoiding anything doughy in my culinary pursuits. A few days ago, she brought home Jules Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour. Cute huh? Since we are both Jules? This inspired me to dive into the world of gluten free dough. Tonight I made a gluten free calzone dough and filled it with chicken, onion, bell pepper, olives, eggplant and tomatoes. It was tasty and pretty darn healthy. I think gluten free products still have awhile to go before any really good bread could be gluten free, but these calzones worked pretty well, if you ask me.

You know what's really cool? Julie had never before eaten a calzone, because she'd already known about her gluten intolerance before she had even heard of calzones. I prepared her first ever calzone.
You know what's really cool? Julie had never before eaten a calzone, because she'd already known about her gluten intolerance before she had even heard of calzones. I prepared her first ever calzone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
forging new foody frontiers! 3 cheers for the 3 Jules!
Post a Comment