Sunday, October 31, 2010

Top Secret Holmes Family Chili

On July 25, 2008, I got a new sister. On top of that, I got access to a top-secret family recipe available only to those related to a Holmes. I have in my possession the recipe for the best chili I have EVER tasted. I actually don't particularly care for chili, but this is something I enjoy so much that I crave in October. So I made myself a batch and was brought back to years ago, chopping up peppers with Jacob and Jenette at the Portillo/Holmes household for my first batch of Holmes Chili.
So, sorry this post is to tell you how great something is without telling you how to make it. Maybe it's my way of saying you should come over to my house for a great batch of chili when I'm home again. Its also my way of saying, "Jacob and Jenette, I miss you. But I feel like I'm with you because I know we both have awesome chili in our refrigerators right now that we can heat up and eat at the same time."

Mmmmmm.

1 comment:

Jenette said...

I love you too! I am so glad you like my chili.