My friends, Drew and Tyler, have a sourdough starter that has been in their family for years. You have to feed this starter every 5 days, then separate it into two, making a batch of bread, or giving it so someone to make their own batch and have a starter for themselves. The process of feeding and separating is what keeps the starter the same for years and years. But you have to keep it up! I'm not sure how long I can keep my starter going, but for now, its making some pretty delicious bread!
3 comments:
You have to do it five more times. Then there will be bread for when I arrive!
Julianna....! This bread is bee-u-tee-ful! Oh my goodness! Starter for bread is such a mystery to me. It kind of freaks me out a little bit...! And is amazing at the same time. Can't wait to try some of this wonderfulness :)
I agree with Rachel. Then she has to keep it going long enough to pass it on to me. Looks so yummy!
Post a Comment